Colombrita Engineering Company s.r.l.
In 2017, the Professor Eng. Rosario Colombrita, together with his sons, the engineers Filippo and Fabio, founded the “ICC” Holding s.r.l., company that incorporates both the historical family construction company “Ingegneria Costruzioni Colombrita s.r.l.”, and the engineering activities developed by Filippo and Fabio, “GIS Design” and “Studio 4C”. The feature that characterized the ownership can be identified in the will, on behalf of the team, of a continuous update in the scientific and technological field, behavior that can be traced back to the academic experience lived by the Professor Rosario Colombrita as a university teacher. The experiences, carried out by the three associates and many partners, both in the private and public sectors, together with the efficient organizational system upon which the society found itself, allowed the accomplishment of substantial works with excellent results. The latter, time after time strengthen even more the relationship between company-employed, besides the collaboration of I.C.C. s.r.l. with other business in the building industry. This brought to the growth of the company’s potentials and to the satisfaction of the client’s requests.
Colombrita construction company of the brothers engineers Filippo & Paolo
The history of this businessmen family begins when the surveyor Paolo Colombrita, born in Agira on March 23,1918, after getting the high-school diploma, started an intense work activity employed by National and Sicilian construction undertakings committed with repair works during the war and the post-conflict reconstruction works. On February 28, 1947, he started operating exclusively in his own name the business activity of civil and road construction, registered at the number 54777 the sole proprietorship “Surveyor Paolo Colombrita”, domiciled in 25 Caff Street, in the Catania Regional Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Craft Trade and Agriculture Register. In 1948, the senior engineer Filippo Colombrita, born in Agira on January 29, 1913, after a ten years’ experience as an industrial manager in Northern Italy (Turin and Aosta) in the steel and mechanical sector, he decided to come back to Sicily, in Catania, where, together with his brother Paolo, started a common professional activity of planning and implementing of public and private projects. On October 4, 1948 he registered at the number 57031,the society in fact “Colombrita construction company of the Brothers engineers Filippo and Paolo” in the Catania Regional Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Craft Trades and Agriculture Register with headquarter in Catania25Caff Street, regarding the managing of construction company; especially civil structures, road, hydraulic constructions, bridge sand special structures in reinforced concrete construction.
The works from 1948 to 1960
The works carried out between 1948 – 1960 in the irrigation and decontamination field, with the building of drainage channels, farm tracks, riverbed and riverbanks accommodations, rural aqueducts, drainage works, supporting structures, school buildings in remote rural areas, reinforced concrete bridge etc. Among the most important public customers of the time, we mention the Consorzi di Bonifica della Piana of Catania, del Pantano of Lentini, of Gagliano of Castelferrato-Troina and of various municipalities and provinces in Sicily. In 1960, to an order commissioned by Reale Mutua Assicurazioni and later in 1962 even of Banco di Sicilia, built the first building in Corso Siciliastreet, main axis of the revitalization project of the new historic centre of the city of Catania, following the demolition of the San Berillo corroded neighborhood.
In the design of this particular building, quite daring because of the pedestrian portico lacking of pillarswith notable cantilever structures, had intervened the most designer and structural experts of the time: Prof. Vittorio Ziino (University di Palermo), Prof. Giulio Pizzetti (Polytechnic of Turin), Ing. Arch. Pier Luigi Nervi (Rome), Ing. Camillo Bosco (Catania).
Construction company of the engineers Filippo and Paolo Colombrita s.n.c.
On April, 5, 1962, the Colombrita brothers established the company “Impresa di Costruzioni Ing. Filippo e Paolo Colombrita s.n.c.” with which, once having achieved the registration in the National Association of Construction Companies in 1965, would continue to operate in the private and public sectors.
Colnisa Costruzioni s.r.l.
On April, 30, 1984, the brothers engineers Rosario and Nicola Colombrita, sons of Filippo, established the new company “Colnisa Costruzioni s.r.l.”, in the same year, they registered it in the National Association of Construction Companies. In the following years, together with the brothers engineers Rosario and Nicola, offered their precious collaboration the sons of Rosario, Filippo and Fabio, and the ones of Nicola, the engineers Emilia and Marco. The group worked together for several years, operating in the following sectors: civil and industrial buildings; infrastructures; hydraulic and maritime works; consolidation works.
Building Company engineer Filippo Colombrita & C. s.r.l
On December, 18, 2002 the brothers engineers Rosario and Nicola Colombrita, sons of Filippo, replacing the deceased surveyor Paolo (1984) and the engineer Filippo (1992) as business partner and administrators right after their passing, they change the society in the collective name Building Company engineer Filippo Colombrita & C. s.r.l
Gis Design S.R.L. and Studio 4C
On the initiative of the brothers Filippo and Fabio Colombrita, were born in 2002 Gis Design s.r.l. and in 2014 Studio 4C, two companies of services and Engineering Services.
These societies deal with: planning and management of works for civil engineering works, infrastructural and building installations; support activity for the participation to tenders and project financing; drawing; realization and development of road traffic safety planning, management, monitoring centres and of intervention aimed at road accidents reduction; analysis of transports security; urban road safety plan elaboration, mobility plans, manual and automate traffic surveys; realization of geographic information systems; research projects; topographical surveys, investigations and production of numeric and thematic cartographies; development and commercialization of software specialized in the field of roads and airports safety; expert technical training.
The two companies operated since the beginning according to trials, procedures and operational instructions in compliance with the quality management system ISO 9001:2008. The know-how developed by the companies in the building and infrastructural sector, together with the punctilious research of maximum satisfaction of the client and of the development of high technical quality products, represent the strength of these societies.
Gis Design s.r.l. was born on November 2002 from the intuition of the brothers Filippo and Fabio Colombrita of combining the knowledge developed by Filippo on GIS and road, railroad and airport infrastructures, in the ambit of the research doctorate in engineering of the road infrastructure, with the technological and information technology competences developed by Fabio in the end of the nineties, in order to create a SIT lab of support to companies and operators of the sector.
In the first years, the society has mainly dealt with topographical and environmental surveys, development of management software, training of the personnel employed, etc. and of the planning of complex infrastructures (roads, road junctions, railroads, subways, airports, etc.). Over time, Gis Desing has diversified its own activities, developing systems of transport security analysis in the road and airport sector and GIS application. In the specific, in the last few years, it supported business in the redaction of improvement technical offer the participation to tenders, developing a remarkable experience in the specific sector. In 2014, the same societal group founded two others engineering companies, called “Studio4C” and “IL Engineering” (Italy Lebanon Engineering) which operational headquarters are respectively in Catania and in Beirut, in the Middle East. Currently, the three societies belongs to the same group, led by ICC S.r.l.. GIS Design resort to different partners that have contributed to the growth of the society. Some of the partners still endeavor to scientific studies and researches demonstrated publications in the academic field and manual supports of the professional area. The effective collaboration with Instructors and Scholars of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of the University of Catania is a further testimony of the continuous and innovative spirit upgrade on behalf of the group.