ICC Group most of all through the activity of the of the GIS Design s.r.l. has contributed to spread for over 15 years above all the national territory the road safety culture, through several coordinated actions, acting on the main components that, interacting among them, determines the road accidents and their relatives consequences (man, vehicle, environment, road).
The business has developed significant experiences in integrated systems for the betterment of road traffic security conditions, in support of roads management institutions (such as the Ministry of Infrastructures and Transports, ANAS, Regions, Provinces and Municipalities), moreover performing its role as Technical Secretariat of the National Commission for Road Safety.
Various Professors and Researchers of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering of the University of Catania are members of our company staff, contributing to bestow our company activity technological innovation and the utmost reliability in the studies and analysis.
In order to reduce the risk of road traffic accidents and the seriousness of their consequences, the main interventions that had been effected since 2002 are: road traffic security planning, designing, management and monitoring centres at the regional level; urban road traffic security plans; safety audit and safety review security studies; mobility and traffic studies at a regional, provincial, and municipal level; other traffic, mobility, and road traffic security specific studies; designing and realization of intervention for the reduction of the risk of accidents.
In the last years, GIS Design has successfully supported the submission of projects concerning the renovation of the concession or authorization of service areas in rural roads managed by ANAS, through specific analysis in demonstration of sufficient road traffic security standards, in case of, the presence of ineradicable constraints makes impossible a complete correspondence between geometric and operational characteristics of the service area, and the requirements reported in the Circular ANAS n. 35925 of 14.03.2013.
In summary, the peculiarity of the group in the road traffic safety are:
- Road traffic safety planning, programming, management and monitoring centers and interventions aimed at the reduction of road accidents
- Multiannual and certified competence in the safety audit and safety review studies;
- Pro-tempore management in 2014 of the Technical Secretariat of the Road Traffic Security National Council, near CNEL, Roma;
- Development and management of 20 CMSS in the last 10 years;
- Consultancy for traffic and road safety in about 30 municipalities in Italy.
- Experienced staff and specifically educated in the road traffic safety studies, mobility and transport system planning, road maintenance management;
- Specialized software development and commercialization in the context of road safety.
- Crash: road accidents management web-based software for the major procedures, analysis and road safety management computerization.
- Main clients: ANAS, the Ministry of Infrastructures and Transports, COCIV spa, various municipalities in Italy.